Tacoma Photographic Society is now accepting entries to the Washington State Fair, Spring Fair Photo Contest.
$575 in Prize Money:
|Best of Show||$150|
|10 Awards of Excellence||$20 each|
|10 Honorable Mention Awards|
|6 Judges’ Choice Awards|
All Winners will Receive an Award Ribbon
Who Can Enter
Photographers of all ages, color
This contest is open to any subject. Please remember that this is a family Fair. Inappropriate subject matter will not be accepted.
Images must have originated in a camera, film or digital. Post processing techniques are not restricted. Composite images and the use of artistic filters is allowed.
An entry fee of $10.00 per print will be charged. Please make checks payable to Tacoma Photographic Society or T.P.S. Please include your check with your images.
Each individual may submit up to five (5) prints per maker.
Sizing and Mounting
Minimum print size is 8″ x 10″.
Maximum print size is 16″ x 20″ including any mounting board and/or mat.
Entries Must Be mounted on a stiff backing. Mat Board, cardboard, or similar material is acceptable. This is required in order to present the print on the display rack.
Entries may or may not be in a mat board.
Framed Prints will not be accepted
All entries Must Have a title and the maker’s name, address, and phone number on the Back of the print in the Upper Right Corner.
No name or title may appear on Front of the image.
Previous Fair Entries
Images entered in prior Spring Fair competitions are NOT eligible for entry.
Entries may be mailed or hand delivered to:
- Robi’s Camera Center – 10015 Gravelly Lake Drive Southwest – Lakewood, WA 98499 – ATTN: Tacoma Photographic Society
- Washington State Fair – 1109th Avenue Southwest – Puyallup, WA 98371 – ATTN: Tacoma Photographic Society
- Speedy One Hour Photo – 11702 Pacific Avenue – Tacoma, WA 98444 – ATTN: Tacoma Photographic Society
Proper care will be taken of all prints, but Tacoma Photographic Society will not be held responsible for any damage or loss at any time.
Return of Entries
As part of your submission of prints to the contest, you must indicate how you would like them returned. You may:
- indicate you will pick them up at the fairgrounds after the fair closes. Prints will be available for pickup between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm on Sunday, April 14, 2019.
- indicate you expect the prints to be returned by mail. You must include adequate return postage (no cash or checks) with suitable packaging and return mailing labels.
- indicate some other arrangement for return.
In all instances, please indicate on your entry form. Prints not claimed
Tacoma Photographic Society reserves the right to display
More Information or Special Pickup & Delivery
For more information, please contact Stan Bratten – Phone (253) 874-2349 or Mobile (253) 709-6974 or send him a note through this form.