We need volunteers for the TPS Annual Spring Fair Photo Competition April 11-14 & 18-21, 2024. There are a lot of positions and a wide variety of jobs to do before, during, and after the competition. Please help with this important annual fundraiser by signing up on the SignUpGenius website at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4DACA82DAAFFC70-47250398-spring#/
JOIN THE TACOMA PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY TODAY
The Tacoma Photographic Society offers you an opportunity to join a premier photo club that will help you take your art to the next level. Our members are always available to help other members improve.
We have two levels of membership. If you simply wish to participate in Society Activities, then a Society membership is for you. For those who are truly looking to grow their skills by entering competitions, then we highly recommend the Division Affiliate membership.
Society Member - $20 per year
- Best for beginners and casual members who don’t have time for all competitions.
Division Affiliate - $40 per year
You get to enjoy all of the Society Member benefits plus:
You may participate in all club activities that are not Society sponsored including:
May enter all competitions - Open Division and Monthly Theme for Print and Projection
May request image critiques
Best for competitive members who have time for all competitions.
To Become A Member Of Tacoma Photographic Society, Here Are A Few Simple Steps You Will Go Through
- Pay for your annual membership - We have two membership levels to choose from. You can also use your major credit card. You do NOT have to have a personal PayPal account to use the TPS PayPal system. You can use it as a guest. PayPal allows you to use any credit/debit card you want and will provide you and the TPS with receipts. It’s the quickest, easiest, and most accurate way to pay your annual dues.
- After you pay for your membership, save a PayPal receipt, go to the website Home page, and click on the gray Login button on the upper right. Create a user name and password (on the left).
- If, at any time, you forget your password, scroll down the page just a little and click on "Reset Password". A new temporary password will be emailed to you. You can then create a new permanent password. You can also change your user name from your email address to another word.
- Go to My Account > My Account Settings > Update Personal Profile and Organization Options and complete your personal profile. Be sure to read about, and make your choices regarding your privacy options.
- Please do NOT pay the membership dues for someone else. Each member must be logged into their own personal account in order to receive credit for their membership payment.
Please select one option from the drop-down menu below:
WELCOME TO THE TACOMA PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY!
We hope you enjoy taking advantage of the different activities and events we offer throughout the year! Take some time to look at the entire site and become familiar with the features along with some of the help menu items.
- The Home Page of the website is where you will see the latest information to keep our members informed of all TPS activities. You will see the slideshows of winning images from various TPS, PSA and NWCCC competitions along with the latest announcements and details for upcoming events such as presentations, field trips, tutorials, etc. Stay informed by checking the Home Page often as news articles are posted without email notices being routinely sent out to our members.
- Check out the club's Calendar on a regular basis to keep informed of the club activities. Try using the "Agenda" view option (top right corner) which is easier to read all of the event details.
- We have several educational pages offering links to photography websites and tutorials. Please feel free to send any additional free educational website links to Cheryl through the website email system at: Membership > Send Email To Members.
- Be sure to read all about The different types of competitions the TPS is involved with at Competitions > Our Competition Events as well as at About Us > History & Competitions.
- Getting Started with Competitions
- Videos on Basic Training for the site