TPS Annual Division Competition & Awards Ceremony
Saturday, May 20, 2023
The TPS Annual Division Competition and Awards Ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 20, 2023 from 1 pm to 4:30 pm at the Emerald Queen Casino to recognize outstanding TPS photographs and member achievements. Light refreshments will be served. Members may bring one guest each. Please RSVP by Sunday, May 7 to Debbie Koslowski and indicate if you will be bringing a guest. This event is free to members and their guests. This event is not open to the public.
Address: 2920 East R Street, Tacoma, WA 98404
Please review the March 2nd email sent to all members…but here are the main points:
Any photographs previously submitted in DIVISION/OPEN competitions (no Theme images allowed) from the following competition years:
- May 2019 to April 2020 - A Scorecard/Excel report has been emailed to all members
- May 2020 to April 2021 - This competition year's images will not be allowed in the 2023 multi-year Annual Division Competition.
- May 2021 to April 2022 - A Scorecard/Excel report has been emailed to all members
- May 2022 to April 2023 - No Scorecard/Excel report will be emailed to you - check your records, the website competition results, your private Image History and Image Library.
If you did not receive a Scorecard/Excel Report for two of the competition years listed above, contact Dick Knudson through the website email system.
Your images do not have to have won a Popular Vote Award/Placement in order to be eligible for entry to the Multi-year Annual Divison Competition scheduled to be held in May or June of 2023 (dates are being negotiated at this time).
Images from the competition year of May 2020 to April 2021 are not eligible to be submitted to this multi-year Division Competition due to the fact that the majority of them were not judged during COVID. Those images may be re-submitted into any future monthly competitions without substantial changes. The May 2020 to April 2021 competition year is the only exception to the otherwise strict re-submit rule.
Check your email for reports on the first two years; however, it is your responsibility to review your entries for May 2022-April 2023. See My Account > My Image History or My Account > My Image Library if you registered your images online. A list of the Print Competition images will be emailed to each member for May 2022-April 2023.
- Maximum 15 digital images for the digital competition and 15 photographs for the print competition per person.
- All entries (print and digital) must be submitted online.
- If you need assistance, we are happy to help!
- Use the original title combined with the original month and year it was submitted.
- For example: Bird Bath - September 2021.
- No watermarks or identifying information on the image.
- Entries originally entered into Projection must stay in Projection; likewise, for Prints.
- The same image size and file format we use at the Monthly Print and Projection Competitions applies to the Annual Division Competition for digital images: 1920 px wide X 1080, px high in JPEG, sRGB & no larger than 16” x 20” including the mat for Print and no smaller than 8" x 10".
- Digital images must be entered online by Saturday, April 8.
- Print images (photograph and required info) must be registered online by Sunday, April 23.
Please Note: Besides submitting print images online, the physical prints are due by Thursday, April 20 at the Print meeting unless they are being exhibited at the TPS Annual Spring Fair Competition. You are responsible for notifying the Awards Committee and Print Chair, Bruce Severeid if those prints are to be included in the Annual Division Competition.
All Prints must have a label on the back stating:
- Original Title, including the Month and Year it was originally submitted
- Photographer’s First & Last Name
- Arrow indicating which way is up.
Please note: We use outside judges for this competition. If your image did not win a placement in a past Print or Projection competition, that does NOT mean you won’t do well at the Annual Division Competition. Different judges like different subjects and choose different images.
For more info, click here and watch your email for updates!